WeightWatcher is a program that combines weight-maps, flag-maps and polygon data in order to produce control maps which can directly be used in astronomical image-processing packages like Drizzle, Swarp or SExtractor.Authors: Chiara Marmo & Emmanuel Bertin
- 2009-10-05 : Many AstrOmatic software packages offer the possibility to generate metadata in XML-VOTable format at the end of an execution run.
- 2009-06-02 : Playing the weighting game: why caution must be taken when using weight-maps (I).
- 2009-05-04 : AstrOmatic binary software is packaged slightly differently from older (TERAPIX) releases. Read about the choices made for packaging AstrOmatic software and the main changes between the old and the new system.
- 2007-11-21 : New WeightWatcher 1.8.7 release available!
- 2007-11-15 : New WeightWatcher 1.8.6 release available!
Download the latest stable version (V1.8.10)
Both the autoconfigurable source archive and Linux RPM packages are available below. The RPM versions have been optimized to provide the best possible performance on Linux PCs.
The WeightWatcher documentation is complete and reasonably up-to-date.
Marmo, C. & Bertin, E. 2008: MissFITS and WeightWatcher: two optimised tools for managing FITS data, ASP Conference Series, Vol. 394, 2008 J. Lewis, R. Argyle, P. Bunclarck, D. Evans, and E. Gonzales-Solares, eds., p. 619 [PDF] [BibTeX entry].