MissFITS is a program that performs basic maintenance and packaging tasks on FITS files using an optimised FITS library. MissFITS can:
- 2010-04-29 : MissFITS V2.4.0 released, fixes critical bug on Mac OS X.
- 2009-10-05 : Many AstrOmatic software packages offer the possibility to generate metadata in XML-VOTable format at the end of an execution run.
- 2009-05-04 : AstrOmatic binary software is packaged slightly differently from older (TERAPIX) releases. Read about the choices made for packaging AstrOmatic software and the main changes between the old and the new system.
- 2007-11-14 : New MissFITS 2.2.7 release available!
- 2007-08-08 : New MissFITS 2.2.5 release available!
Download the latest stable version (V2.4.0)
Both the autoconfigurable source archive and Linux RPM packages are available below. The RPM versions have been optimized to provide the best possible performance on Linux PCs.
The MissFITS documentation is complete and reasonably up-to-date.
Marmo, C. & Bertin, E. 2008: MissFITS and WeightWatcher: two optimised tools for managing FITS data, ASP Conference Series, Vol. 394, 2008 J. Lewis, R. Argyle, P. Bunclarck, D. Evans, and E. Gonzales-Solares, eds., p. 619 [PDF] [BibTeX entry].